Curried Halibut Skillet Recipe
- 4 halibut fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Sprinkle fillets with salt; coat with curry. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown fillets in 1 tablespoon oil; remove and set aside.
- 2. In the same pan, saute onion in remaining oil for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes, lime juice, lime peel and ginger. Bring to a boil. Return fillets to the pan; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with tomato mixture; sprinkle with coconut and cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 270 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 510 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Curried Halibut Skillet
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.