“My friend in England told me coconut is all the rage there, so I’ve been experimenting with it in main dishes here at home. This is one of my most successful recipes.” —Karen Kuebler, Dallas
- 4 halibut fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle fillets with salt; coat with curry. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown fillets in 1 tablespoon oil; remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute onion in remaining oil for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes, lime juice, lime peel and ginger. Bring to a boil. Return fillets to the pan; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with tomato mixture; sprinkle with coconut and cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Curried Halibut Skillet in Healthy Cooking April/May 2011, p63
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Curried Halibut Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review