Curried Floret Salad Recipe
My boss gave me the recipe for this curried vegetable medley. A unique potluck contribution, it's easy to carry in a chilled cooler. Thanks to the mild weather here, my husband and I garden year-round and grow our own salad ingredients.
- 2-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2-1/2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 package (5 ounces) dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower and cranberries. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, brown sugar, chives, curry powder, soy sauce and garlic. Whisk in mayonnaise until blended. Pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring several times. Just before serving, stir in almonds. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 239 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Curried Floret Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC