Curried Egg Lettuce Cups
Guests will love the combination of crisp, cold lettuce leaves and flavorful egg salad. Peanuts add a crunchy texture to the dish that makes it even more fun to eat.—Patricia Nieh, Portola Valley, California
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 4 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts, divided
- 6 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Stir in the
- eggs, pepper and onions. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in 3 tablespoons peanuts. Place a rounded
- 1/3 cupful on each lettuce leaf. Top with chutney; sprinkle with
- remaining peanuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 lettuce cup with 4 teaspoons chutney and 1/2 teaspoon peanuts equals 284 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 239 mg cholesterol, 474 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.