This is a variation of a cucumber salad I once enjoyed at a salad bar. I use mayonnaise to cut the tartness of the sour cream. It has a rich flavor, too! Reduce calories by using "light" sour cream and mayonnaise.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- 3 cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley or minced chives, optional
- In a bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Toss with cucumbers and
- onion slices. Chill 2-3 hours.
- Stir just before serving. Adjust salt and pepper to taste; garnish
- with parsley if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 141 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.