Curried Cucumbers Recipe
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- 3 cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley or minced chives, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Toss with cucumbers and onion slices. Chill 2-3 hours.
- 2. Stir just before serving. Adjust salt and pepper to taste; garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 141 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Curried Cucumbers
"I love curry flavoring in anything so thought I'd give this a shot. I took some to work and the other cucumber lover in the office loved it as much as I did. I was in a rush so instead of sliced onions I used 2 Tbls. of instant onion soup - just as good (and a little extra curry!)"