This is a variation of a cucumber salad I once enjoyed at a salad bar. I use mayonnaise to cut the tartness of the sour cream. It has a rich flavor, too! Reduce calories by using "light" sour cream and mayonnaise.
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- 3 cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley or minced chives, optional
- In a bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Toss with cucumbers and onion slices. Chill 2-3 hours.
- Stir just before serving. Adjust salt and pepper to taste; garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Curried Cucumbers in Country Extra January 1991, p47
Reviews for Curried Cucumbers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review