Curried Cream Corn Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Pepper to taste
- 1. In a saucepan, saute green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir until cheese is melted and corn is heated through. Yield: about 3 servings.
One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with reduced-fat margarine, reduced-fat cream cheese and fat-free milk) equals 224 calories, 13 g fat (0 saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 651 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.