Curried Cream Corn
"I love to find creative ways to serve vegetables to my husband and daughters," writes Kelly Malloy of Baltimore, Maryland. "Curry gives a different twist to this side dish that has become my family's favorite treatment for corn."
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, saute green pepper and onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir until cheese is
- melted and corn is heated through. Yield: about 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with reduced-fat margarine, reduced-fat cream cheese and fat-free milk) equals 224 calories, 13 g fat (0 saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 651 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.