Curried Cranberry Snack Mix Recipe
- 6 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 1 can (6 ounces) French-fried onions
- 2 cups miniature pretzels
- 1-1/2 cups honey-roasted peanuts
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Place the butter, honey, honey mustard, curry powder and garlic powder in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds or until mixture is smooth. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Place half of the mixture in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes, stirring after each minute. Stir in 3/4 cup cranberries. Immediately spread onto waxed paper; cool completely. Repeat with remaining cereal and cranberries. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 quarts.
3/4 cup: 234 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Curried Cranberry Snack Mix
"This snack is to die for! It was the perfect combination of sweet and savory. My hubby says I could just put a bowl of this in front of him for supper! I followed the recipe pretty much exactly but I used parchment paper on my 2 cookie sheets. Once it was spread out to cool, I decided while it was crisp, it could stand to be a bit crispier. I baked both cookie sheets in a 250F oven for 20 mins. It didn't alter or brown anything other than to just make it a bit crispier. I'll be making more of this as soon as I can get some more onion rings."
"Addictive! So easy to make, and everyone asked for the recipe. We will certainly be making this again."
"Very good. It is a really nice balance of sweet and savory. So easy, and tastes great. Will definitely make again."