- 6 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 1 can (6 ounces) French-fried onions
- 2 cups miniature pretzels
- 1-1/2 cups honey-roasted peanuts
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Place the butter, honey, honey mustard, curry powder and garlic powder in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds or until mixture is smooth. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Place half of the mixture in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes, stirring after each minute. Stir in 3/4 cup cranberries. Immediately spread onto waxed paper; cool completely. Repeat with remaining cereal and cranberries. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 quarts.
Reviews for Curried Cranberry Snack Mix
"This snack is to die for! It was the perfect combination of sweet and savory. My hubby says I could just put a bowl of this in front of him for supper! I followed the recipe pretty much exactly but I used parchment paper on my 2 cookie sheets. Once it was spread out to cool, I decided while it was crisp, it could stand to be a bit crispier. I baked both cookie sheets in a 250F oven for 20 mins. It didn't alter or brown anything other than to just make it a bit crispier. I'll be making more of this as soon as I can get some more onion rings."
"Addictive! So easy to make, and everyone asked for the recipe. We will certainly be making this again."
"Very good. It is a really nice balance of sweet and savory. So easy, and tastes great. Will definitely make again."