Pack this easy-to-make munchie in a sleek glass or acrylic canister adorned with cotton yarn, and it'll be ready to put under the tree. Get that candy-cane brightness by winding yarn in shades of red and pink around the canister before topping with a homemade pompom. —Robin Haas, Cranston, Rhode Island
- 6 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 1 can (6 ounces) French-fried onions
- 2 cups miniature pretzels
- 1-1/2 cups honey-roasted peanuts
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Place the butter, honey, honey mustard, curry powder and garlic powder in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds or until mixture is smooth. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Place half of the mixture in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes, stirring after each minute. Stir in 3/4 cup cranberries. Immediately spread onto waxed paper; cool completely. Repeat with remaining cereal and cranberries. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 quarts.
Originally published as Curried Cranberry Snack Mix in Taste of Home December/January 2012, p63
Reviews for Curried Cranberry Snack Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review