Curried Cran-Orange Snack Mix Recipe
A new sweet/salty twist on an old party favorite, this mix includes pistachios, craisins and a mild curry flavor that make it irresistible! It's also a great gift from the kitchen to keep on hand during the holidays. Mary Beth Harris-Murphree - Tyler, Texas
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1-1/2 cups Corn Chex
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cereals, noodles and pistachios; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the butter, orange juice, curry, salt, garlic powder, basil, orange peel and pepper. Drizzle over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 275° for 40 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes. Stir in cranberries. Cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5-1/2 cups.
1/2 cup equals 125 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 347 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC