- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1-1/2 cups Corn Chex
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine the cereals, noodles and pistachios; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the butter, orange juice, curry, salt, garlic powder, basil, orange peel and pepper. Drizzle over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 275° for 40 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes. Stir in cranberries. Cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Curried Cran-Orange Snack Mix
Sort By :
"I've made this three times - the only thing I do differently is triple the sauce and double the stuff, in order to make a bigger and more flavorful batch. Everyone I've made it for loves it!"
"I made this today, it sure made the house smell great. I was enticed by the spices and ingredients- even though I am not much of a chex mix person. So my review might not be too fair. I am sure this would disappear at a party and be thoroughly enjoyed. Its spicey with the sweetness of the yummy cranberries! I have been making recipes as I get them in my mailbox- instead of just earmarking them and saying oh Ill make that someday. (I just need more eaters!)"
"I haven't made it yet, but fully intend to! Since I don't like chow mein noodles, I intend to use sesame sticks instead! Can't wait!"
"This is okay, but I've had better tasting chex mixes. The cranberries are a nice change though."