Curried Crab Quiche Recipe
Curry and crab complement each other perfectly in this fuss-free quiche from Kathy Kittel of Lenexa, Kansas. With a sunny color and a rich taste, it's special enough for a holiday breakfast or brunch.
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 6 to 8 ounces canned or frozen crabmeat, thawed, drained and cartilage removed
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Remove from the oven; reduce heat to 375°. Sprinkle crab and cheese into shell.
- 2. In a bowl, beat eggs. Add cream, curry, salt and pepper; pour over cheese. Cover edges of pastry with foil; bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 361 calories, 28g fat (16g saturated fat), 174mg cholesterol, 385mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, trace fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Curried Crab Quiche
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC