Curried Couscous Salad Recipe
From Heriot Bay, British Columbia, Lynn Gamache shares this delightful chilled salad. "It's great for picnics," she notes. "It can be prepared a day early and goes well with most main dishes. Add cooked shrimp or cheese cubes for a simple one-dish meal."
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup diced cucumber
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. In a large bowl, combine the couscous, peas, cucumber, carrot, bacon, onions and parsley. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Just before serving, drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Curried Couscous Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p41
Reviews for Curried Couscous Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 10, 2008
This really is a great side dish. It's become a favorite of mine, and my friends that shared it with me.