Curried Corn on the Cob
If goat cheese is not to your liking, try queso fresco or any other crumbly cheese such as feta. Parmesan is also good, and even though it won't spread well, you can sprinkle the mixture on.
- Laura Fall-Sutton of North Chicago, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + soaking Grill: 25 min.
- 6 medium ears sweet corn in husks
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottoms; remove
- silk. Rewrap corn in husks and secure with kitchen string. Place in
- a large kettle; cover with cold water. Soak for 20 minutes; drain.
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until
- tender, turning often. In a small bowl, combine the remaining
- ingredients; spread over warm corn. Yield: 6 servings.