Curried Coconut Chicken
Looking for a new way to fix chicken breasts? This no-fuss recipe is a nice change of pace. It’s sweet, savory and a little exotic. Serve it over rice or couscous.—Becky Walch, Manteca, California
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup apricot preserves, warmed
- Place butter in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the
- coconut and curry powder. Dip chicken in butter, then coat with
- coconut mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with salt.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 170°. Serve with preserves. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 1/4 cup preserves equals 571 calories, 21 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 383 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.