- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup apricot preserves, warmed
- Place butter in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the coconut and curry powder. Dip chicken in butter, then coat with coconut mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with salt. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve with preserves. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Curried Coconut Chicken
Sort By :
My oldest son is allergic to wheat and egg, so I am always trying to find new tasty recipes that do not require substitutions. My younger son often does not like them, but he really liked this dish, almost as much as my husband and I! I recently made a dish with turmeric and only my husband liked it, so I used a Red Curry Powder that listed it lower on the ingredient list. It was also very easy to make which is essential for my busy schedule. This dish will probably be one of our new family favorites!
My husband likes curry, eldest son likes coconut, and I like ethnic cuisines; so, BONUS finding this perfect meal-match. It seemed too simple a recipe for a promising delicious dinner. I made it exactly as directed; however, I let it cook longer for browning. This allowed me time to go buy apricot preserves. Thank you for sharing this most excellent recipe. My four children, husband, and guests all voted this as "very delicious and must make again" which resulted becoming a "forever family favorite." Thanks from all eight of us who ate all of it!!!
I forgot to rate this recipe so here it is.
When I find a recipe I think I would like to try I usually will make some sort of changes as I go. This recipe is probably the only one I have just gone directly by the recipe as written. It turned out wonderful. I have made it many times and it is always a big hit. No need to change anything and so simple to make.