Curried Chutney Cheese Spread Recipe
It's impossible to stop eating this distinctive spread once you start. I like it because it's an eye-catching dish to serve, and it has an intriguing blend of flavors and textures. People have fun guessing the ingredients.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (9 ounces) mango chutney
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped unsalted peanuts
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a blender or food processor, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and process until smooth. Spread into a 1/2-in.-thick circle on a 10-in. serving plate. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, spread chutney over cheese mixture. Sprinkle with onions, coconut and peanuts. Serve with crackers. Yield: about 5 cups.
2 tablespoon: 78 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Curried Chutney Cheese Spread
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC