In Hamilton, Ontario, Karen McLaughlin seasons tender chicken and apples with curry powder and a dash of cinnamon. "My husband and I enjoy this dish frequently because it's great-tasting and quick to prepare," she explains.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- In a nonstick skillet, cook chicken until no longer pink; drain.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. In the same skillet, cook the apples,
- onion and garlic in water until tender. Return chicken to the pan;
- sprinkle with curry powder and cinnamon. Heat through.
- Combine the flour and sour cream until smooth; stir into chicken
- mixture. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Serve
- over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One serving (1 cup chicken mixture with 1 cup rice) equals 414 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat,