I'm always looking for recipes I can prepare ahead of time. The chicken chunks bask for hours in snappy spices and seasonings, giving this recipe a lot of pizzazz...and the peaches round out the amazing flavors. —Heidi Martinez Colorado Springs, Colorado
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Toasted flaked coconut, optional
- Place chicken in a 5-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drain peaches, reserving 1/2 cup juice; set peaches aside. In a small bowl, combine the broth, butter, onion, curry, garlic, ginger and reserved juice; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until chicken juices run clear.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Add raisins. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened. Stir in peaches and heat through. Serve with chicken. Garnish with coconut if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Curried Chicken with Peaches in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p10
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Curried Chicken with Peaches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review