Curried Chicken with Asparagus Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen asparagus spears, thawed
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry and pepper; set aside.
- 2. Place half of the asparagus in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Spread with half of the soup mixture.
- 3. In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Place chicken over soup mixture. Top with remaining asparagus and soup mixture.
- 4. Cover and bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 426 calories, 31 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 779 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.