A mild curry sauce nicely coats tender chicken and asparagus in this "must-have" recipe. It's a classic dish I've used for years.—Miriam Christophel, Battle Creek, Michigan
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen asparagus spears, thawed
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry and pepper; set aside.
- Place half of the asparagus in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Spread with half of the soup mixture.
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Place chicken over soup mixture. Top with remaining asparagus and soup mixture.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Curried Chicken with Asparagus in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p14
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Curried Chicken with Asparagus
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review