Curried Chicken Turnovers
Whenever I have leftover chicken, these turnovers are on the menu. The tasty secret is in the curry. —Laverne Kohut, Manning, Alberta
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 medium apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews or peanuts
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pastry for double-crust pie
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, combine the first eight
- ingredients. Divide dough into eight portions.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 5-in. circle.
- Place about 1/4 cup filling on one side. Moisten edges of pastry
- with water. Fold dough over filling; press edges with a fork to
- Place on greased baking sheets. Brush with egg. Cut 1/2-in. slits in
- top of each. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8