Curried Chicken Turnovers Recipe
Whenever I have leftover chicken, these turnovers are on the menu. The tasty secret is in the curry. —Laverne Kohut, Manning, Alberta
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 medium apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews or peanuts
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pastry for double-crust pie
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Divide dough into eight portions.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 5-in. circle. Place about 1/4 cup filling on one side. Moisten edges of pastry with water. Fold dough over filling; press edges with a fork to seal.
- 3. Place on greased baking sheets. Brush with egg. Cut 1/2-in. slits in top of each. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Curried Chicken Turnovers
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC