- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 medium apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews or peanuts
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pastry for double-crust pie
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Divide dough into eight portions.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 5-in. circle. Place about 1/4 cup filling on one side. Moisten edges of pastry with water. Fold dough over filling; press edges with a fork to seal.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Brush with egg. Cut 1/2-in. slits in top of each. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Curried Chicken Turnovers
Sort By :
In the words of our 20 month old grandson, "oh wow"! These are so good. I used a prepared crust and a round cookie cutter to make them as appetizers. I will make them again.
This recipe has become a staple in our household, and has impressed many guests. I use storebought pie dough cut in half, so my turnovers are shaped a little funny, but it makes them so much easier. I often make a big batch of the filling and stick it in the freezer, then I just put the turnovers together and throw them in the oven anytime I need a meal that's easy to prepare. I also add a drained can of mushrooms to mine, which makes it even better!