- 2 tubes (8 ounce each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 can (5 ounces) chunk white chicken, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Paprika, optional
- Separate crescent dough into triangles. Cut each piece into four triangles. Place on greased baking sheets. In a large bowl, combine the water chestnuts, cheese, onions, mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder and garlic salt. Crumble chicken over mayonnaise mixture; stir to coat.
- Place rounded teaspoonfuls in the center of each triangle. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 64 appetizers.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Curried Chicken Triangles
Sort By :
I make these every year for christmas eve, and they always go quickly. I just seperate the dough into the triangles and place a heaping spoonful of the mixture onto each and then bake.
I have not made this recipe, but it sounds very good. I don't understand all the confusion about the servings. The recipe, as I have it, says nothing about rectangles. It says to separate the crescent dough into triangles, and one tube makes eight. Cut each of the eight triangles into four triangles. Thus, one tube makes 32.
I changed the presentation to squares that you put in a mini muffin pan. I doubled everything but the onion and water chestnuts. Take one of the four triangles and cut it into 6 squares, place in greased mini muffin pan and bake 15-17 minutes. Makes 48
I found this recipe on another website. The directions are as follows:
Separate crescent dough; cut each piece into four triangles. Place on greased baking sheets. In a bowl, break up chicken. Add the water chestnuts, cheese, onions, mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder and garlic salt; mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto triangles. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Serve warm.
I just received the Tast of Home Bonus Book with my latest Taste of Home mag. and found this recipe. I want to try it for N.Y.Eve but I still don't get it. Why are they not revising this online for people/customers? VLW
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Asian Appetizers >
- Asian Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Appetizers >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Crescent Roll Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >