Curried Chicken Tea Sandwiches
At the Victorian-theme bridal shower I hosted, I spread this dressed-up chicken salad on bread triangles. It's also appealing served on a lettuce leaf. Apples and dried cranberries add color and tang.
-Robin Fuhrman, Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium unpeeled red apple, chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 12 slices bread
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl,
- combine the mayonnaise, lime juice and curry powder; pour over
- chicken mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until ready to
- Cut each slice of bread with a 3-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter. Top
- with lettuce and chicken salad. Yield: 1 dozen.