- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium unpeeled red apple, chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 12 slices bread
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lime juice and curry powder; pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cut each slice of bread with a 3-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter. Top with lettuce and chicken salad. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Curried Chicken Tea Sandwiches
Sort By :
"This is my favorite, great flavor. I suggest making it a day ahead for the all the flavors to meld together, yum!"
"This was perfect as is! Didn't even need salt and pepper! Yummy! All the ladies raved about this at the baby shower!"
"If you like curry, you will love these. Absolutely delicous! The ladies loved them at my tea party. Even the children were sneaking spoonfuls. I would lighten up on the cranberries next time."
"Very pretty presentation. Looks as the bread is cut with heart shaped cookie cutters! Sweet! Oh,yes,the recipe sounds great also,thanks for sharing."
"This is our favorite chicken salad! I use lemon juice instead of lime, omit the curry, and it still tastes great! We like it served on large croissants to make an easy summer sandwich - yum!"