Curried Chicken Sloppy Joes Recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds ground chicken
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet orange pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 10 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, cook the onion, pepper and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the curry, ginger, pepper and salt; cook 1 minute longer.
- 3. Stir in the tomatoes, apple and raisins; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes. Stir in the chutney, mayonnaise, mustard and chicken; heat through. Serve on buns. Yield: 10 servings.
1 sandwich equals 288 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 486 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.