These delicious Sloppy Joes pack a burst of unexpected flavors in every bite. They'll surely jazz up your Sloppy Joe repertoire. For potlucks, keep the chicken mixture warm in a slow cooker and allow everyone to fill their own buns.—Jamie Miller, Maple Grove, Minnesota
- 1-1/4 pounds ground chicken
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet orange pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 10 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook the onion, pepper and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the curry, ginger, pepper and salt; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the tomatoes, apple and raisins; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes. Stir in the chutney, mayonnaise, mustard and chicken; heat through. Serve on buns. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Curried Chicken Sloppy Joes in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p76
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Curried Chicken Sloppy Joes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review