- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Add frozen vegetables and remaining butter; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in flour and curry powder until blended; gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add the chicken, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with potatoes; sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Curried Chicken Shepherd's Pie
Sort By :
"A hit with our family!! Great comfort food dish!!!"
"Super delicious, east, and fairly healthy. I used 3 tsp curry powder and instant mashed potatoes"
"My family tears this up every time I cook it. We love curry, I double the batch and put it in 4 tablespoons of curry."
"This was really tasty! The curry powder added a pleasing depth of flavor to this classic dish that was savory but not overpowering."
"My family loved this. I was unsure about the curry, but the dish was so flavorful! I also added chopped zucchini."