- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Add frozen vegetables and remaining butter; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in flour and curry powder until blended; gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add the chicken, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with potatoes; sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCurried Chicken Shepherd's Pie
"We all really enjoyed this! My 10 year old loved it!! I am not a fan of shepherd's pie, but really liked it. I used peas and corn instead of peas and carrots because that is what I had on hand. Can definitely see myself making it again."
"A hit with our family!! Great comfort food dish!!!"
"Super delicious, east, and fairly healthy. I used 3 tsp curry powder and instant mashed potatoes"
"My family tears this up every time I cook it. We love curry, I double the batch and put it in 4 tablespoons of curry."
"This was really tasty! The curry powder added a pleasing depth of flavor to this classic dish that was savory but not overpowering."
"My family loved this. I was unsure about the curry, but the dish was so flavorful! I also added chopped zucchini."
"I made this for my family and we LOVED it! I used instant mashed potatoes instead of fresh just to make things quicker.I used extra butter and milk when I made the potatoes. We also used corn instead of carrots because it was what we had and it came out great! My kids and husband enjoyed this and it was super easy"
"Used can of mixed veggies, and chopped cabbage. Less broth, and a smig of buttermilk, garlic and celery salt. Yummy"