Curried Chicken Salad Sandwiches
This sandwich is perfect to serve when you want to “show off” a little. It features an interesting blend of chicken, nuts, cranberries, curry and other ingredients. I mix it up the night before so the flavors meld.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup chopped apple
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 croissants, split
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, apple, cranberries, mayonnaise,
- walnuts, celery, lemon juice, onion and curry powder. Place lettuce
- on croissants. Top with chicken salad mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 625 calories, 41 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 614 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot