Curried Chicken Salad Cups
"I love preparing this crisp salad for lunch meetings!" Combining crunchy fruit, slivered almonds and chicken, this salad will get rave reviews.
Judy Ross, Freeport, Illinois
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped tart apple
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 14 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small
- bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, lemon juice, fennel seed, curry, honey
- and cinnamon; pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat. Serve on
- lettuce leaves. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 225 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,