Curried Chicken Salad Cups Recipe
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped tart apple
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 14 lettuce leaves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, lemon juice, fennel seed, curry, honey and cinnamon; pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat. Serve on lettuce leaves. Yield: 7 servings.
3/4 cup: 225 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Curried Chicken Salad Cups
"I made this recipe for a family dinner and it instantly became a family favorite. The curry and sweetness of the cranberries is unique. Great to make in large quantities and eat throughout the week."
"I was SO excited to try this recipe. I figured it had to be a great recipe, because it just sounded so good with the chicken, the raisins and craisins, the almonds... but it was a HUGE disappointment. The curry flavor was really overwhelming to me. Maybe I'm just not in love with curry like some. My husband enjoyed it. We usually eat a meal a couple nights in a row, and I just couldn't bear to eat it again. It left a bad taste in my mouth that I didn't enjoy."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.