- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained
- 1 medium apple, diced
- 3/4 cup halved green grapes
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, juice drained and reserved
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- In a large bowl, combine first eight ingredients. Blend all dressing ingredients and toss with chicken mixture. Chill several hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Curried Chicken Salad in Country Extra July 1991, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Curried Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2013
"Loved the flavor and taste, I added cooked instant rice to it."