Curried Chicken Salad Recipe
I sometimes serve this salad on a big lettuce leaf with breadsticks and fresh melon wedges. But it's also delicious in a pita pocket lined with lettuce.
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained
- 1 medium apple, diced
- 3/4 cup halved green grapes
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, juice drained and reserved
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- In a large bowl, combine first eight ingredients. Blend all dressing ingredients and toss with chicken mixture. Chill several hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Curried Chicken Salad in Country Extra July 1991, p49
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Curried Chicken Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2013
Loved the flavor and taste, I added cooked instant rice to it.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Salad Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Chicken Salads >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >