Curried Chicken Rice Salad
Since I usually make and serve this salad while my teacher friends and I are on summer break, I always associate this recipe with relaxed good times! It's best to make ahead so that the flavors can mingle.
6 ServingsPrep: 50 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6.6 ounces) toasted almond rice pilaf
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chutney
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 medium apples, cubed
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Cook rice pilaf according to package directions; cool. In a large
- bowl, combine the chicken, celery, cranberries, raisins and rice.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chutney, sour cream, lemon
- juice and curry powder; stir in apples. Add to rice mixture; toss to
- coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve on lettuce; garnish with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of