Curried Chicken Rice Salad Recipe
Since I usually make and serve this salad while my teacher friends and I are on summer break, I always associate this recipe with relaxed good times! It's best to make ahead so that the flavors can mingle.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 50 min. + chilling YIELD:6 servings
- 1 package (6.6 ounces) toasted almond rice pilaf
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chutney
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 medium apples, cubed
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Cook rice pilaf according to package directions; cool. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, cranberries, raisins and rice.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chutney, sour cream, lemon juice and curry powder; stir in apples. Add to rice mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 3. Serve on lettuce; garnish with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC