- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chutney
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 6 cups cubed cooked chicken
- PITA BREAD:
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/3 cups warm water (110° to 115°), divided
- 3 to 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chutney, curry powder and chicken; refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/3 cup warm water. Add 1-1/2 cups of flour, oil, salt, sugar and remaining water; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; shape into six balls. Let rise for 30 minutes. Sprinkle three ungreased baking sheets with cornmeal. Roll each ball into a 7-in. circle. Place two circles on each baking sheet. Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 500° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Cut pitas in half. Line each with lettuce; fill with 1/3 cup chicken mixture. Yield: 12 sandwiches.
Originally published as Curried Chicken Pockets in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p41
Reviews for Curried Chicken Pockets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Chicken Curry >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >