Curried Chicken Pitas
These pitas are a nice change of pace that pack a satisfying punch. Chicken, pecans and touches of honey and curry makes this festive favorite just as tasty when wrapped in tortillas or served over crisp greens.Marilou Robinson, Portland, Oregon
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 8 pita pocket halves
- 8 lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, honey and curry powder. Stir in the
- chicken, grapes, pecans and onions. Line pita halves with lettuce;
- spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture into each. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/4 each) equals 655 calories, 39 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 537 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 28 g protein.