- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups halved seedless green grapes
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 20 pita pocket halves
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in chicken, grapes and celery; refrigerate. Just before serving, add almonds. Stuff about 1/4 cup into each pita half. Yield: 10 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Curried Chicken Pita Pockets
Sort By :
"I have served these to rave reviews! (I have been making them for some time. The copy I have is from the yearbook I think. 1 serving is 2 halves--I usually serve 1 half pita pocket with 1/2 cup chicken mixture as 1 serving. One of my favorite recipes. (I use Miracle Whip Light because I don't care for mayo.)"