Curried Chicken Paninis
Serve leftover chutney with chicken or pork tenderloin or with fat-free cream cheese as a fast cracker spread. Michaela Rosenthal - Woodland Hills, California
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/3 cup mango chutney
- 1 cup watercress or fresh arugula
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
- Spread four bread slices with chutney. Layer each with 1/2 cup
- chicken salad and 1/4 cup watercress; top with remaining bread.
- Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 3-4 minutes or until bread
- is browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 389 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 705 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.