Curried Chicken Fruit Salad
This is a favorite at ladies' luncheons. Even people who think they don't like curry rave about this dish! I got the recipe from a friend and love to make it.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups seedless red or green grapes, halved
- 1 cup chopped celery
- Lettuce leaves
- Sliced almonds
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- In a large bowl, combine the oranges, pineapple, water chestnuts,
- chicken, grapes and celery.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss
- well to coat. Chill for 1 hour. Serve on a bed of lettuce; sprinkle
- with almonds. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 515 calories, 39 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 420 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.