This is a favorite at ladies' luncheons. Even people who think they don't like curry rave about this dish! I got the recipe from a friend and love to make it.
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups seedless red or green grapes, halved
- 1 cup chopped celery
- Lettuce leaves
- Sliced almonds
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- In a large bowl, combine the oranges, pineapple, water chestnuts, chicken, grapes and celery.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss well to coat. Chill for 1 hour. Serve on a bed of lettuce; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Curried Chicken Fruit Salad in Country Extra May 1992, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Curried Chicken Fruit Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review