This is a favorite at ladies' luncheons. Even people who think they don't like curry rave about this dish! I got the recipe from a friend and love to make it.
Recommended: 32 Lunches To Spice Up Your Workday
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups seedless red or green grapes, halved
- 1 cup chopped celery
- Lettuce leaves
- Sliced almonds
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- In a large bowl, combine the oranges, pineapple, water chestnuts, chicken, grapes and celery.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss well to coat. Chill for 1 hour. Serve on a bed of lettuce; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Curried Chicken Fruit Salad in Country Extra May 1992, p51
Reviews forCurried Chicken Fruit Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2012
"Very refreshing I used half mayo and half yogurt for the dressing. It was a big hit with the ladies"