- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 green onion, chopped
- In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Immediately split puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Reduce heat to 375°.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk, salt, curry powder and pepper until smooth. Stir in the chicken, almonds and onion. Spoon into puffs; replace tops. Place on a baking sheet; bake for 5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Curried Chicken Cream Puffs in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p42
Reviews for Curried Chicken Cream Puffs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review