Curried Chicken Corn Chowder Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 5 cups frozen corn (about 25 ounces)
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium heat. Add onions and celery; cook and stir until tender. Stir in seasonings; cook 30 seconds longer.
- 2. Stir in corn and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk flour and milk until smooth; stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken and cilantro; heat through. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 229 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 582mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Reviews for Curried Chicken Corn Chowder
"I made half a batch for a family of 4 and it was just right. Very tasty and a hit with 3/4 (one doesn't care for corn)."
"I have made this several times. I freeze the leftovers and enjoy throughout the chilly months."
"<p>Even my very picky, no spice-suspicious son loved it. Definitely a keeper.</p>"
"I just had a bowl for dinner and was thinking the next time I have a bowl I'll break out the buttermilk biscuits. I also think I could add potato. This is yet another keeper from Taste of Home."
"I like putting my favorite hot sauce in this. I kicks it up, and adds more flavor"
"I agree; this is SO good. I added diced potato...just makes it even heartier. Great with biscuits."
"i love this recipie i started putter a biscuit on the bottom of the bowl and adding shrimp. it gives it a great flavor"
"This soup was delicious; my family loved it! I added 2 cloves of garlic."
"Yum! I made this with fresh corn, cut from the cob. It was really outstanding. My husband loved it and had extra bowls!"
"Made this last night and it was fabulous!! I put in more than a dash of cayenne and it was quite spicy, but we like spicy food. I think the cilantro is a key ingredient, although my husband doesn't care for it so he put grated cheddar on his. Will definitely make this over and over again!!"