Curried Chicken Cheese Log Recipe
Curry and cooked chicken team up to make this unique cheese log. The curry is mild so even people who don't care for it, still enjoy this spread.—Karen Owen, Rising Sun, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:24 servings
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Butter-flavored crackers
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the chicken, celery, parsley, steak sauce and curry powder. Shape into a 9-in. log. Roll in almonds. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers) equals 95 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC