I cater for parties, so I'm always searching for new menu ideas that fit into everyone's diet. I discovered a similar cheese ball recipe in a magazine, then adjusted the ingredients to suit my tastes.
Recommended: 51 Cozy Slow Cooker Soups
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted almonds or chopped fresh parsley
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, marmalade, curry powder, salt if desired and pepper until smooth. Stir in the chicken, onions and celery. Shape into a large ball. Roll in almonds or parsley. Cover and chill. Serve with crackers. Yield: 10 servings (2 cups).
Originally published as Curried Chicken Cheese Ball in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 1995, p7
Reviews for Curried Chicken Cheese Ball
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review