Curried Chicken Cantaloupe Salad Recipe
This fresh-tasting main-dish salad is typical of Southern California, where fresh fruits and vegetables are abundant year-round.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut in 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) strained apricots with tapioca (baby food)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 medium cantaloupes
- 1. In a large bowl, combine chicken, pineapple, onions, celery, peanuts, raisins and coconut; set aside. In separate bowl, mix dressing ingredients. Combine chicken mixture with dressing; mix well. Cover; refrigerate for 1 to 4 hours. Cut melons in half; remove seeds. Remove fruit by cutting into bite-sized pieces or using a melon ball cutter. Combine melon with chicken salad mixture, dividing among the four melon halves. Serve chilled; refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 large individual salads.
1 each: 486 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 169mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Curried Chicken Cantaloupe Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC