- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut in 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) strained apricots with tapioca (baby food)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 medium cantaloupes
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, pineapple, onions, celery, peanuts, raisins and coconut; set aside. In separate bowl, mix dressing ingredients. Combine chicken mixture with dressing; mix well. Cover; refrigerate for 1 to 4 hours. Cut melons in half; remove seeds. Remove fruit by cutting into bite-sized pieces or using a melon ball cutter. Combine melon with chicken salad mixture, dividing among the four melon halves. Serve chilled; refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 large individual salads.
Originally published as Curried Chicken Cantaloupe Salad in Country Extra July 1990, p47
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Curried Chicken Cantaloupe Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review