Curried Chicken Balls Appetizer Recipe
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the first five ingredients until well blended. Stir in the chicken, onion and celery.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in almonds. Cover and chill until firm (can refrigerate up to 2 days). Yield: about 5 dozen appetizers.
3 each: 98 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Curried Chicken Balls Appetizer
"This is absolutely delicious. Can also be used on a croissant for a wonderful lunch along with a spinach salad."
"Very tasty and different appetizer. Well, I thought it was different, but as it turned out someone else also brought a curried chicken type of appetizer to the party! I suppose curry dishes are becoming more popular. Anyway, these were widely enjoyed. I had some left over, and my family enjoyed eating them over the next couple days--quite a treat!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer