Curried Chicken Balls Appetizer
Guests love these little chicken bites that get some zip from curry. The savory snacks work well for any occasion, big or small. —Judy Slotter, Alpharetta, Georgia
20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, beat the first five ingredients until well blended.
- Stir in the chicken, onion and celery.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in almonds. Cover and chill until firm
- (can refrigerate up to 2 days). Yield: about 5 dozen appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 98 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer