- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, beat the first five ingredients until well blended. Stir in the chicken, onion and celery.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in almonds. Cover and chill until firm (can refrigerate up to 2 days). Yield: about 5 dozen appetizers.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Curried Chicken Balls Appetizer
Sort By :
Very tasty and different appetizer. Well, I thought it was different, but as it turned out someone else also brought a curried chicken type of appetizer to the party! I suppose curry dishes are becoming more popular. Anyway, these were widely enjoyed. I had some left over, and my family enjoyed eating them over the next couple days--quite a treat!