Curry sauce makes this version of chicken and rice stand out from all the others. Your guests will think you spent hours in the kitchen preparing this impressive dish.
Featured In: 50 Chicken Recipes in a 13x9 Pan
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (8 ounces)
- 10 ounces fresh pearl onions, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- CURRY SAUCE:
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup chutney
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- In an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine broth, curry powder, paprika and seasoning mix from the rice. Top with rice, mushrooms, onions and green pepper.
- Arrange chicken pieces on top. Cover and bake at 425° for 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, combine yogurt, ricotta cheese, chutney, flour and curry powder. Process until smooth; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with almonds. Increase oven temperature to 475°. Bake, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Curried Chicken and Rice in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p85
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Curried Chicken and Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review