These simple starters feature a yummy curried chicken filling that guests will love! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed and drained
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 8 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- Minced chives, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring broth and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- In a large bowl combine the rice, chicken, peas and carrots, mayonnaise, green onion and seasonings.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; spritz with butter-flavored spray. Top with another sheet of phyllo; spritz with spray. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Cut into 12 squares. Repeat three times, making 48 squares.
- Stack two squares of layered phyllo in each of 24 muffin cups coated with cooking spray, rotating squares so corners do not overlap. Spoon 1 tablespoon rice mixture into each cup. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Garnish with chives if desired. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Curried Chicken and Rice Tartlets in Healthy Cooking October/November 2011, p38
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Curried Chicken and Rice Tartlets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review